site

www.startinglifeoveragain.com - Visit my full site where you will find more blogs about other areas in life to start over like going back to school.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Gym time!

I know that I have told all of you that I am going to get back into the gym and make it count. I am a person that is fully trained to plan nutritious meals and get myself into shape. I have already lost about 75 pounds and really got myself into great shape.
Then I fell off the band wagon and life got busy and I gained a good portion of it back. I have put about 30 pounds back on. I wouldn't say that I am huge but I put most of it into my legs and thighs.

I signed back up at the gym and was able to get in to work out last night. I weighed myself in at 160lbs. I will get photos for before and will follow up with updates.

It felt so good to get in there last night.
I ran 3k (including warm up) then biked for 9 km (including cool down).
For biking I know I would be able to do that. I was not really pushing THAT hard. I knew that I wanted to be able to walk today while I was working.
I could not believe that I was able to run for 5 mins with out stopping at a 5. It wasn't that fast or long at a time but haven't even raised my heart rate in months.

I am going to create a meal plan that is as cheap as possible but includes everything that the daily diet needs to have for each vitamin and nutrient. We don't get to coupon that well in Canada. We can shop around for deals and price match but unfortunately I don't really have the time to do all of that.
I am also going to create a plan that will make me get the 30 lbs off. Actually I would like to be in the 135lb area, but I want to lose the 30 lbs of fat and gain 10 lbs of muscle.

I was actually really impressed with the gym. I have been a member at this gym 4 times now in 2 different provinces. They are all fairly similar in colour these days but they now have these large screens in the rooms that are called virtual trainers or something. Basically you can take part in a class with out the instructor being there.
I am really excited to try this for a biking class and maybe even Zumba if I can sucker someone into doing it with me because I would feel a little silly doing the Zumba class alone.

Watch soon for my shopping and work out plans.

There are so many articles, sites and recipes for busy Moms on a budget but what about us single people that have to throw out half a loaf of bread or half a bag of carrots because we havent been able to get through it all before it goes bad.


You will find all kinds of other articles about health on hear as well.